The St John's Wood Society aims to promote a shared respect for the beauty, history and character of St John's Wood, to conserve the amenities by making appropriate representations to those who influence local development, and to help build and support our community.
Welcome to the St John's Wood Society
We are a statutory body set up by Westminster City Council to review and comment on every planning application in the area.
We get involved with local community issues such as:
· successfully challenging Transport For London regarding Cycle Superhighway CS11;
· ensuring our streets are clean and clear of rubbish;
· influencing environmental issues such as air quality, transportation and trees;
· supporting local community facilities like the Adventure Playground, SJW Hospice, pubs;
· holding events for all our members from Easter Egg Hunts to summer drinks parties;
· promoting local shops and businesses with publicity and our discount scheme;
· liaising with local residents, businesses, our MP, Ward Councillors, land owners, developers, and
any other interested parties.
Bringing together the community by listening to YOU!